24 Jul 2011

Observatory v2.0

Here's really short update of what have happened since last summer: I decided to make dome as a  "real" dome, not a roll of roof...

So I started to make a Geodesic dome. I made two models, pentagon and hexagon. (here's good calculator: DesertDomes)














These were used as a mold for fiberglass parts. Here's an assembly diagram where you can find these pentagon and hexagon figures:

After making 5 pentagons and 12 hexagons I started to attach them.

And finally a complete dome
And next the shutter system:
And finally:
Here's domes rotation and shutter control box: (lesvedome)
As you can see, I'm not an electrician.... But it's working!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear sir,
    I am interesting with your dome. May I ask something about making the dome. Please let me know your email address. My email is setyanto@gmail.com

    Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete